Sunday, September 20, 2009

Illustration Academy, Summer 2009

As I have already mentioned, Illustration Academy was a very challenging and life changing experience as an illustrator. I think the best part of the program is that we were constantly together, students and instructors, learning something new every hour of the day by watching the demonstrations, listening to the presentations, paying attention to what other students are doing, asking questions, giving answers, etc. I felt that my knowledge and skills stepped onto a whole new level while at the Illustration Academy.

We were encouraged by pretty much every single instructor to experiment with mixing media and try to come up with the perfect formula for yourself, a method of painting or drawing that you’ll never find in the instruction books. I’m still trying to figure out this formula, but while at the Illustration Academy, I tried something different and came up with some surprising results.

No comments:

Post a Comment