Sunday, September 20, 2009

Let’s get started.

My name is Katia Wish. I'm originally from Belarus and moved to the USA at the age of 19. 19 is a curious age to move to a foreign country, because you are old enough to already have your views, values, outlook on the work and, obviously, an accent. At the same time, you are young enough to get used to a new culture and way of life, and to form new views and opinions.


I received an Illustration degree from the Massachusetts College of Art and Design in May 2009. Before coming to MassArt I had a vague understanding of what illustration is, which is probably the case for the majority of the population. As soon as I started my degree and learned about different opportunities in illustration and looked at the work of various illustrators, I fell in love with illustration and everything that has to do with it. I am grateful to my instructors for believing in me and pushing me to work hard.


A week after graduating MassArt I headed to Sarasota, Florida to attend the Illustration Academy. It was an excellent time to immerse myself in this absolutely intense and beautiful seven-week program. Thanks to my instructors at MassArt I had enough knowledge and experience not to be completely shocked and overwhelmed at the Academy. Nevertheless, the Illustration Academy was one of the most intense, rewarding, soul-crushing and soul-saving experiences of my illustration life. The instructors and the students I met there are extremely inspiring and hardworking group of people.


Whoever you are, thank you for checking out my blog and going on this sketchblog journey with me. I’ll try to post new stuff on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment