Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Commission: Interior Design Paintings

*






Several months ago I worked on paintings of rooms for the Interior Design firm My Interior Design Center. Check out their website! My paintings are in the Be Inspired section.
The client's website is up and running, and I'm happy to finally share the results of my work. Never in a million years did I think I would have this assignment, but I unexpectedly enjoyed working on it. The clients were a real pleasure to work with - nice and friendly and professional all at the same time. The drawings of the rooms were given to me (thank god! I do not enjoy perspective drawings) and I did what I love doing the most, painting in watercolor and gouache. It was kind of fun to be given all these swatches of fabrics and photos of the furniture and try to create the room with all those objects/textures/patterns. It was good to take a break from illustration and just paint without thinking of composition, color, concept and all that good stuff. My main concern was to show the color and texture of the fabric and furniture in the most accurate way and still make the room look warm and inviting.

1 comment: